माध्यमिक शिक्षा बोर्ड, राजस्थान – Board of Secondary Education, Rajasthan
- Abbreviation : BSER
- Information : December 4, 1957; 58 years ago
- Type : Government Board of School Education
- Headquarters : Ajmer, Rajasthan, India
- Location : BSER, Ajmer
- Official language : Hindi & English
- Chairman : BL Chaudhary
- Administrator : Meghna Chaudhary IAS
- Website : rajeduboard.rajasthan.gov.in
माध्यमिक शिक्षा बोर्ड राजस्थान का इतिहास – BSER Board of Secondary Education Rajasthan History
The history of the Board of Secondary Education Rajasthan (BSER) is a remarkable panorama of progressive record of the futureological vision for developing a dynamic system of various sub-systems of examinations and highlights of the academic excellence of the last four decades. The BSER took rapid strides for promotion and development of Secondary Education in Rajasthan, spread over 3,42,239 sq. km. and in more than 6000 schools located in 32 districts involving 8.5 lakhs students for Secondary and Senior Secondary Examination in the year 2000.
With the promulgation of the Rajasthan Secondary Education Act in 1957, this Board was set up in Jaipur on 4th Dec, 1957. It was shifted to Ajmer in 1961. In the year 1973 it began functioning in its present multistories building with an enchanting dignity of its own with all amenities.
BSER Board Pattern
At present the Bser Board is Conducting the following examinations :
1. Secondary School Examination (10)
2. Senior Secondary Examination (10+2)
3. (Arts / Science / Commerce/ Fine Arts)
4. Praveshika Pariksha (+10) ( Sanskrit Shiksha)
5. Varishtha Upadhayay Parisksha (10+2)(Sanskrit Shiksha)
6. National Talent search examination ( 1ST level ) Regular
7. Science talent search examination. ( State level ) Regular
Board Organization :
The Board of Secondary Education, Rajasthan has been constituted under the Rajasthan Secondary Education Act 1957. The set up is as follows :
- Chairman – 1
- Ex-Officio Members, Including Vice Chairman – 7
- Elected Members – 7
- Nominated members by the state government – 17
- Nominated members by the speaker legislative assembly – 2
- Co-opted members – 2
- The Chairman is nominated by the State Government.
- Director, Secondary Education is Vice- Chairman and Ex-officio member of the Board.
- Tenure of the Board is three years.
- Secretary of the Board is appointed by the State Government.
- The work of the Board is transacted by employees and officers as per rules prescribed by the Board.
- Functions, Duties,Objectives ,Mission Of The Board
Awards – Various Types Awards given by the board
Honours Awards –
1. Gold medals to the examinees who stand in the order of merit at secondary, praveshika, senior secondary (Academic) and senior Upadhyay examinations and silver medals to the second in the order of merit.
2. Awards instituted by different personalities along with medals and cash to the candidates obtaining highest marks/ position in faculty, subject or examinations as per understanding, two medals are for girls.
Shields – Shields are presented to those schools giving best results on various criteria.
छात्रव्रति – Scholarships : For Meritorious Students –
- (1) Candidates securing first 15 positions at secondary and first 10 positions at Praveshika exam. Duration: 24 months
- Candidates securing first 30 positions covering three major faculties at Sr. Sec. Exam. Duration- 36 months
- District level merit scholarships in each examination viz Sec., Sr. Sec., Sc., Arts, Commerce and Sanskrit schools examinations.
Recognization to Institutions – It is essential for all educational institutions preparing regular students for the following examinations to seek recognition :
1. Secondary Exam.
2. Praveshika Exam.
3. Senior Sec. (Academic / Vocational) examination
4. Varistha Upadhyyay Exam.
- Upgradation is done by Govt. tentative subject to fulfillment of norms prescribed by the Board.
- Board manages inspections to ascertain real conditions.
- Recommendation of the inspecting teams are screened and finalized by statuary committee known as recognition committee.
- Apex body (Board) finalizes recommendations of recognition committee
- Temporary recognition granted for 3 years with specific relaxation of 2 years.
- Periodic inspection in 5 years is obligatory.
- Conditions for recognition are regulated by rules framed by the Board.
State Level Competitions – To develop the non-scholastic areas of students, personalities competitions for the following activities are being organized at Block, District and State levels by the Board. Four hundred eighty seven scholarships for every academic year are awarded to the first three students in each activity marked below
1. Creative writing
2. Elocution- Debate
3. Quiz competitions
Talent Search Examination – For searching talent, an examination is held and for talented students, special guidance classes are organized.
Personality Development Camp – A Personality development camp is to be organized by the Board from this year for developing self- confidence and positively of outlook in the students of the merit lists related to the Board examination. This camp aims at developing the communication ability among the students.
Teachers Growth Programme :
Paper Reading Seminar – A paper reading seminar is held for the teachers every year. It is a competition. Prizes are given to the best performance.
Some of the areas suggested for paper reading are :
Information technology and its effect on education, population, competency – based teaching, effective evaluation, literacy & education, qualitative aspect of textbooks, educational administration, education for public welfare curriculum development .
Research Projects – For developing interest in action research projects, training is imparted to the teachers who submit research project proposals. Financial aid is given to the teachers whose project proposals are approved. The orientation programmes related to research project proposals prove useful to the teachers. They redesign and improve their project proposals in light of the suggestions of the research experts.
Some suggested areas for education research projects are as follows :
1. Curriculum of the secondary education
3. Enrolment in schools
4. Teacher education
5. Education for the disabled children/gifted children
6. Classroom teaching in schools
7. Educational innovations
8. Co-curricular activities.
Teaching Competitions – Every year a teaching competition is held for the teachers of various subjects. Prizes are given to the best teachers who prove their teaching competence on the basis of the evaluation of their planned lessons delivered in a competitive way.
Essay Competition For Teachers – An essay competition is held for the teachers at the district level and at the state level. Prizes are given to the winners.
Analysis Of Question Papers – Every year the question papers of the Board examinations are analysed on the basis of item analysis in cohesion with the weightage to objectives, coverage of curriculum, difficulty – level and marking scheme.
Training Of Paper Setters – Every year, training programmes are organized for paper setters in various subjects to cater to the professional growth of teachers.
Analysis Of Examiners Reports – The reports submitted by the examiners after evaluation of the answer-books are studied and analysed by the experts. Fruitful conclusions are drawn and decisions are taken for further improvement of the examination system.
Preparation Of Sample Question Papers – Sample question papers of various subjects are set by the subject specialists to serve as models for the teachers/students and others.
Development Of Question Banks – We have planned to prepare question banks related to various subjects. They will serve the in-service teachers who can use them for making their teaching efforts more effective & result oriented. At the same time, they will be useful for students to a great extent in preparing for exams.
Subject Based Learning Material – In order to extend help to the practicing school teachers the Board gets subject based learning material prepared by the experts.
Teacher’s Guides – Various teacher guides have been written by the subject specialists. They are useful for service school teachers of various subjects.
अनुदेशिका 2015 एवं पाठयक्रम – 2016-17 Details :
- पाठयक्रम कक्षा 10 माध्यमिक 2016-17 :
- पाठयक्रम कक्षा 10 माध्यमिक 2014 -15 (मूक बधिर प़ष्ठ संख्या 1-59) :
- पाठयक्रम कक्षा 10 माध्यमिक 2014 -15 (मूक बधिर प़ष्ठ संख्या 60-113) :
- पाठयक्रम कक्षा 10 माध्यमिक 2014 -15 (मूक बधिर प़ष्ठ संख्या 114-161) :
- पाठयक्रम कक्षा 10 माध्यमिक 2014 -15 (मूक बधिर प़ष्ठ संख्या 162-267) :
- पाठयक्रम कक्षा 11 2016-17 :
- पाठयक्रम कक्षा 12 उच्च माध्यमिक 2016-17 :
For more details : http://www.rajeduboard.nic.in